Patient Participation Group (PPG)
As a patient of Brockwood Medical Practice you are entitled to join the Patient Participation Group (PPG).
The PPG exists to identify practice service issues and improve the patient experience. It’s your opportunity to become more involved with the practice and be an advisor to them.
As a member of the PPG you can expect:
- Email updates about operational activities in the surgeries
- Information about access to healthcare services beyond Brockwood Medical Practice
- Information about general healthcare and specific conditions
- Access to health information and activities at a regional and national level
- The opportunity to share your views about Brockwood Medical Practice services and to offer constructive feedback and praise
- The opportunity to attend face-to-face meetings to discuss Brockwood Medical Practice with other patients and staff from the practice
- Note that the PPG does not exist to provide personal medical advice or receive complaints – these should be addressed via established procedures
Terms of Reference
The Patient Participation will be made up of a group of patients who will represent the whole community. We will do as much as we can to encourage members of all sectors of our patient population to engage to ensure adequate representation of all patient groups.
Contact will be via email or text and meetings will be arranged as required, either virtually or in person as appropriate.
The PPG will:
· Work in partnership with the practice to achieve its aim of providing the best possible service to all patients.
· Agree to be contacted by email or text by the practice in order to consult on service development and provision.
· Facilitate the flow of communication between patients, the practice and the wider community.
· Provide feedback on patients’ needs concerns and interests with regards to new services.
· Promote good health and higher levels of health literacy by encouraging and supporting relevant activities within the practice and promoting knowledge of preventive medicine
The PPG will not:
· Be a forum to raise individual complaints.
· Be a forum to seek medical advice